The Final Studies Internship (PFE) is arranged during the first semester in the 3rd year of the Postgraduate education(the 4th year of the Engineering Cycle) for a period of 22-24 weeks.
1 实习目的Internship Objective
It is set to cultivate and train students' ability to handle practical engineering projects, and to comprehensively enhance their professional comprehensive quality, especially the sense of innovation, so that students can adapt to the working environment and experience competitive pressure from the workplace.The internship locations mainly include aircraft design and manufacturing enterprises, aviation maintenance companies, related professional maintenance companies, air transport enterprises, air traffic control, airports, research institutions, universities and key labs. During the internship, students should assume corresponding job responsibilities as members of the corporate engineering project team, or as research team members to conduct research on cutting-edge academic issues in related fields.
2 实习内容Internship Content
(1) Aircraft design and manufacturing enterprise: Under the guidance of the enterprise instructor, the students will solve specific issues on the design of the tester, the optimization of the structure of the fuselage, the design of the noise reduction system of the test bed, and the software development of the engineering (sub) system. Furthermore, they have to know international frontier trend, carry out related technology research and development, be capable of supply chain management, quality assessment, process optimization and so on.
(2) Aviation maintenance enterprises and related professional maintenance enterprises: under the guidance of enterprise instructors, the students are required to proposes solutions and demonstrate the feasibility on such following fields: aircraft overhaul project support projects, passenger aircraft modification, maintenance core technology, maintenance technology assessment, aircraft subsystem status monitoring, airworthiness command evaluation, maintenance data, supply chain management, digital engineering in repair shop, quality assessment, process optimization, etc.
(3) Air transportation enterprises: Under the guidance of enterprise instructors, the students are required to proposes solutions and demonstrate the feasibility on such following fields: data extraction, analysis and evaluation for aviation operations, aircraft (sub) system operation quality, secondary release, flight monitoring, maintenance plan management, supply chain management, aviation logistics management, cost forecasting and management, and revenue analysis.
(4) Air traffic control, airport, department under bureau management and other units: under the guidance of enterprise instructors, the students are required to proposes solutions and demonstrate the feasibility on such following fields: air traffic control automation system development, PBN flight program design, sector optimization, capacity assessment, 4D flight path planning, continuous descent approach solutions for technical applications, development of arrival and departure management systems, advanced ground guidance and control system applications, collaborative decision making, operational standards development and monitoring.
(5) Research institutions and key laboratories of universities and enterprises: under the guidance of joint instructors, the students are required to carry out research on key technologies in such fields: the design and manufacturing of aviation equipment, project evaluation, airworthiness technology, new aviation materials, future-oriented air transportation systems, sustainable development, aircraft global tracking and Beidou navigation system.